Dr. Bacas attended Drew University for his undergraduate studies before completing a Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. He then went on to complete his Doctor of Optometry degree at the State University of New York College of Optometry. Dr. Bacas has experience in the management and treatment of many ocular diseases, with interests in Dry Eye Disease, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, and Diabetic Retinopathy. He has extensive experience utilizing the latest treatments for Dry Eyes and Glaucoma, including the newest pharmaceutical options, biologic agents, and both medical and aesthetic skin treatments. In addition, Dr. Bacas has specialized training on the latest contact lens technology, including lenses to correct for astigmatism, multifocal contact lenses, and other “difficult-to-fit” modalities.
Dr. Bacas was one of the first eyecare professionals in the U.S. to be certified by CooperVision to provide MiSight 1-Day contact lenses, the first and only FDA-approved soft contact lens for the treatment of myopia. He is an active member of the American Optometric Association, the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians, and the American Diabetes Association.
Dr. Bacas strives to provide high-quality, patient centered care. He understands the importance of ensuring that his patients leave with a complete understanding of their health by utilizing the latest technologies, providing education throughout the exam, and addressing all questions. In his free time, Dr. Bacas enjoys spending time with his wife and their two dogs, working on various IT projects, cooking, and playing his tenor sax.
- Morristown Medical Center Department of Oncology Research and Phase 1 Drug Trials
- Morristown Medical Center Department of Surgery
- Immunology Research Lab, Drew University
- Gold Key International Optometric Honor Society
- Billie M. Lyons Memorial Award for Distinguished Service to the College Community, SUNY College of Optometry
- New Jersey Academy of Optometry Scholarship
- Tri-Beta National Honors Society in Biology